SHF is currently in Phase IV of a $3,600,000 VI-phase Capital Campaign to build a Scandinavian American Cultural & Community Center on our property on Oleson Road in Portland, Oregon.
The Sun Chariot shows our progress of the Campaign. Solvognen is also published in our quarterly newsletter and updated one gift or ribbon at a time.
The 6 Phases
Phase I - Completed! Purchase Oleson Road property for $276,000; the current value is over $1.2 million.
Phase II - Completed! Conceptual architectural drawings, Capital Campaign feasibility studies and planning, and attaining pledges that pay for the Capital Campaign.
Phase III - Goal: 80% of $3.6 million. Complete architectural construction drawings, obtain bids for construction studies, begin neighborhood outreach.
Phase IV - This is where we are now. Goal: at least 80% of the building cost and remaining 20% is deliverable by completion of construction. Complete studies, neighborhood outreach and apply for Washington County permits.
Phase V - Begin construction. Complete fundraising.
Phase VI - Open the Cultural Center.
The Sun Chariot
The Scandinavian Heritage Foundation is using the sun chariot of Trundholm to indicate progress in its $3.6 million capital campaign to build the Scandinavian American Cultural & Community Center. The chariot is a late Nordic Bronze Age artifact discovered in Denmark in 1902. This beautiful sculpture is in the collection of the National Museum of Denmark and has been dated to between the 18th and16th centuries BC.
The progress is indicated above by the size of the sun rising above the horizon. As our pledges increase, we will revise the image and the sun will continue its rise. If you want up-to-date, detailed information on our capital campaign results, please read our most recent Newsletter, call 503-977-0275, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can help us complete Phase IV by donating to the capital campaign online, safely and easily. To donate click here.
To read the full business case for our Scandinavian American Cultural & Community Center in pdf format click here.